1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze:
4 Tablespoons butter
2 ounces cream cheese
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prepare Cinnamon Filling first:
– In a medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
– Scoop the filling into a small zip baggie and set aside.
Prepare Pancake batter:
– In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. – Whisk in milk, oil and egg just until batter is moistened OR If using a boxed mix, prepare according to package directions.
Prepare Cream Cheese glaze:
– In a medium glass or microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter and cream cheese until melted.
– Whisk together until smooth, then whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla.
– Set aside.
– Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat.
– Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
– Scoop about 1/2 cup of pancake batter onto the skillet.
– Snip the corner of your cinnamon filling baggie and squeeze a spiral of the filling onto the top of the pancake.
– When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully with a spatula and cook until lightly browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more.
– Transfer pancake to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while you make the rest of the pancakes.
– When ready to serve, spoon warmed cream cheese glaze on top of each pancake.